Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First post....weeeeee!

Soooo, here I am. Ready to start my second quarter as a Baking and Pastry student. Life is good. Life is great in fact. I have a lot of different ideas going on in my head, and am very excited to put them into play. One of which is this blog! I had a blog a while back, and inevitably most of the posts became pictures and stories of different things I had baked. (You were right back then Ang, a blog strictly about baking would be best...oh Ang, wise beyond your years, or some sort of mind-reading, future-reading super genius! All of the above probably ;) ) I have a business idea in mind, and I'm so glad to be surrounded by creative, supportive friends that are more than willing to help me out...thanks to you all...you know who you are :)

So, here we go...this is a banana cream pie I recently made (with help from mom on the crust; I am still a student after all.) It turned out pretty good! It's a good way to get rid of those old bananas that always seem to be sitting around.

1.) First step is to make and bake the crust (poke the crust with a fork and fill it with dried beans to weigh it down.)
2.) Let that cool, then slice the bananas and pile them on in!



3.) Next comes the pudding!



5.) Smooth the pudding out to make way for the whipped cream...



6.) Since there is a lot of whipped cream!...



I thought this recipe was pretty good...the pudding didn't quite set up as much as I thought it should have and the whipped cream portion of the recipe made A LOT of whipped cream; possibly too much. Pretty good taste overall though...good with some chocolate syrup on top...shhh.

The full recipe can be found here...come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. wow....you are inspiring... you make baking look so beautiful. -Em

    ReplyDelete